Celebrate the wedding of the year as Prince Harry marries Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle.
Royal Wedding timings:
- The Royal Wedding takes place in St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle at 12pm.
- At 1pm, the newlyweds are due to partake in a carriage procession through Windsor Town.
- The couple will then join their wedding guests for a reception at St George’s Hall.
The wedding will be televised on various global television channels, including British broadcasters BBC, ITV and Sky News.
Where to watch the royal wedding
Make sure you don’t miss any of Meghan and Harry’s big day by attending one of the many royal wedding screenings around London. From restaurants and bars, to alfresco spots and roof terraces, you’ll find the perfect place to watch the happy couple tie the knot.
Find out where to watch the royal wedding in London on the Visit London app.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
The couple became engaged at Prince Harry's Kensington Palace home in November 2017, following a whirlwind 16-month royal romance.
Sixth in line to the throne after the birth of Prince William's third child, Prince Harry is the grandson of the Queen and the youngest son of Charles, the Prince of Wales, and Diana, Princess of Wales.
Who is Meghan Markle?
Meghan Markle is an American actor best known for her role in legal drama, Suits. She is also known for her humanitarian work.
Royal Wedding celebrations in London
• Raise a glass to the happy couple as some pubs in England and Wales stay open up to 1am. 18-19 May
• Experience the Royal Wedding Celebration package at One Aldwych hotel, featuring fresh fruit and flowers, complimentary access to the swimming pool, full English breakfast and a bespoke Royal Cup cocktail. All weekends in May
• Relax in the Royal Suite as part of The Premium Royal British Summer package at Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill. This luxury experience includes a royal wedding-themed three-course menu, champagne breakfast, a royal wedding gift and more. Alternatively, opt for The Classic Royal British Summer package, which includes a stay in a Regency Suite instead. 1 May-1 Sep (book before 30 Jun)
• Get a taste of royal life with The Langham, London’s Royal Season package, which includes behind-the-scenes experiences at Royal Warrant holders Gieves & Hawkes and Floris London. Or go for the Ultimate Royal Season package featuring a stay in one of its suites, a private butler, perfume-making experience and bespoke suit. 19 May-12 Oct
• Stay at one of the two Zetter Townhouse boutique hotels in Clerkenwell or Marylebone, and be treated to a special package including a Royale Royale cocktail on arrival, full English breakfast, a special Royal Wedding afternoon tea, plus a copy of Debrett's Handbook about British etiquette to take home with you.
• Indulge in Hotel Café Royal’s exclusive Regent Royal Wedding and Empire Royal Wedding packages, boasting a limousine trip to Windsor, complete with a picnic hamper, tour of the Royal Warrant Holders, and VIP shopping service, plus more luxury experiences. 1 Apr-21 Jun
• Feel like a royal with The Arch London’s Royal Wedding package featuring a two-night stay, three-course dinner, champagne breakfast, royal wedding afternoon tea, a tour of Windsor Castle and a Fortnum & Mason voucher. Available throughout May.
• Tuck into a Royal Wedding-inspired afternoon tea in London, including The Rubens at The Palace’s Royal Afternoon Tea.
• You can even make your own afternoon tea with The Berkeley’s Royal Wedding Prêt-à-Portea Masterclass. Wednesdays and Sundays during May
• Sample the sweet creations from Violet Bakery, the east London cake shop that will make Prince Harry and Meghan’s wedding cake.
• Combine rock with royalty as you feast on Hard Rock Cafe's sliders, scones and cupcakes as part of the Royal Wedding Rock 'n' Roll Tea Service. The tea also includes the chance to try four wedding-themed cocktails. 14-20 May
• Delight in treats inspired by Harry and Meghan’s wedding cake with Conrad London St James’ Royal Afternoon Tea, including lemon and blueberry Battenberg, lemon and elderflower lollipops, and scones with lemon curd. 14 May-31 Aug
• Take a Thames Rockets breathtaking speedboat ride on the Thames, and celebrate Harry and Meghan’s wedding with Union Jack flags and a glass of Pimms. 17-20 May
• Let your senses run wild at Sketch’s floral exhibition during The Mayfair Flower Show. Celebrating the royal wedding, this display features seven installations, including a wedding dress made from flowers and feathers. 17-28 May
• Head to Madame Tussauds, and rub shoulders with the royal family’s wax figures in the new Royal Balcony display. Meghan Markle’s likeness will be unveiled during a special stay and hen party on 18 May, with the wax figure available to view at the attraction from 19 May.
• Discover Harry’s favourite London spots on Traditional Tours UK’s Prince Harry Tour of London. Sundays from April to October
• Take a leisurely stroll around pretty Connaught Village as the area is decorated with red, white and blue flower beds to celebrate the Royal Wedding.
• Sip on Off the Market, a Prince Harry-inspired cocktail at Rosewood London's Scarfes Bar, which combines Royal Salute 21 year-old whisky, saffron, Algarve figs and a “ginger effect”.
• Toast to the royal wedding with The Trafalgar St. James’ The Ginger cocktail, or opt for the Markle Sparkle cocktail which shimmers with gold lavender dust.
• Delight in a classic cocktail with a twist, as The Ivy Kensington Brasserie mixes up a Great British Royale featuring Sipsmith sloe gin and Coates & Seely English sparkling wine. From 14 May
• Get into the party spirit with the Meghan Sparkle cocktail on OXO Tower Bar’s terrace. The creative tipple features gin, cloudy apple juice and rose syrup, and is topped with Harvey Nichols English sparkling wine.
Venue Details & Map
Windsor CastleWindsorSL4 1NJ
- +44 (0)20 3123 7300
- Public transport:
- Rail: Windsor and Eton Central or Windsor and Eton Riverside Bus: 700, 701, 702, 703 Green Line from London Victoria